Friday, January 10, 2014

Full Pantry - part 1

Nothing better than a well-stocked pantry. Our lifestyle, our geographic location and whats available to us plays a part in what may be in your pantry, but there are certain items that I know I always need at hand. With some basic items you can usually whip up a quick easy and tasty dinner for you and the family. Even though my menus for the week are planned and usually thought out while food shopping, I still have the occasion to pull something out last minute and create a meal. Its always nice to go into the pantry and have choices.
My pantry includes the following and I have included potatoes and onions in this list because I store all these items in the garage pantry.
1. Rice - Brown, Jasmine, Wild, Arborio and Yellow
2. Grains- Barley, Couscous, Quinoa, assorted flours, bread crumbs
3. Pastas - all kinds - whole wheat and white semolina
4. Potatoes- Yukon gold, Sweet, Squashes and any other faves
5. Tomato Products ( all- diced, fire roasted, sauce, crushed )
6. Beans - dried and canned....all sorts, black beans, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans
7. Condiments - Vinegars ( all flavors ) , Oils ( canola, olive, sesame, peanut, coconut, flavored ), ketchup, mustards ( dry and bottled ) chili sauce, horseradish, honey, soy sauce and other asian flavorings, worcestershire sauce, coconut milk, clam juice, maple syrup
8. Onions, shallots and garlic
9. Stocks and bases - veggie, chicken, beef and any flavors you may want to try or use ( I recently bought a Thai curry coconut stock that was delish ) normally I make my own stocks, its always good to have a box on hand.
10. Dried herbs and spices - everything! 
11. Crackers, saltines, Oyster crackers 
part 2 coming!!


No comments: