Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Let's do it this year!

I have not blogged in a long time, and the last time I did was after the passing of my Aunt. 2013 was not a great year, as I lost 2 very special people, my son moved 10,000 miles away, and my right hip replacement has been bothering me. It has also been a good year, as I got to spend a month with my family in Texas, watched my son move 10,000 miles away to fulfill a dream, watched my brother run the NYC Marathon and finish, took over the family tradition of making the Lessard Tortiere Canadian Meat pie for Christmas and spent the holidays with most of my family making new memories. I have been blessed. I have given myself a few goals for the New Year, and one of them is to blog once a week. I am on facebook alot and have a Michele's Morsels page there, so I tend to neglect my blog. I also want to  I want to make a meal from a new recipe at least once a week.....I have over 100 cookbooks in one bookcase and I think its time to get myself moving. I also have several binders with printed pages from the internet, several different magazine subscriptions from the past that I have actually gone through and condensed, and some culinary magazines that are targeted to professional chefs. I LOVE cookbooks. I can sit and read them as if they were novels. ( I actually am going to start reading my Larousse Gastronomique that I got a couple of yrs ago for Christmas.  If I lived another 50 yrs, maybe I could get through alot of the recipes. LOL I usually plan my meals before or during food shopping for the week, I try to keep a stocked pantry with essentials, and am pretty good at substituting something I may not have on hand. I was always a pretty good cook, but culinary school gave me the tools I did not possess. I usually take a recipe and somehow twist it and tweak it to make it my own. These are all good things. May all your morsels be tasty!


No comments: