Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fully baked

I haven't posted in a while because I haven't been cooking anything worth writing about. I have been trying to get things together in the house before I go to Texas for 2 weeks. Tonite though, I made Turkey burgers with Homemade Oven Baked Steak Fries and a really big garden salad. Although I would have preferred an Angus burger, the turkey burger was pretty satisfying and definitely tasty. Turkey is a pretty bland and flavorless ground meat...so seasoning is key. I season everything that goes on the grill with a Tri-Mix. Kosher or Sea salt, Ground Black Pepper and Granulated Garlic. Lots of flavor there. I used my stove top grill pan to sear the burgers and get some nice grill marks on them. Then I put them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and finish cooking them in the oven. Since all poultry needs to be cooked to an internal temperature, it makes cooking the turkey burger pretty easy. I made a nice salad with everything from carrots to radishes for a side dish. The big decision was what starch to serve with the healthy turkey burger and salad. I wanted something with lots of flavor so I decided on my oven potatoes. Better than any french fry you can find. Easy, full of flavor and healthier than fried food.
My mom loves them and everytime I make them asks how I make them...LOL I used Yukon Gold potatoes but have used new red, baby blue, and baking potatoes. Any kind will do.

Michele's Homemade Baked Steak fries

6 medium sized Yukon Gold potatoes Sliced in wedges...6 wedges per potato
Olive oil
Salt
Black Pepper
Granulated Garlic
Chili powder

Put sliced potatoes in large bowl, drizzle with Olive oil..abou 1 tablespoon ( just to coat potato ). Add salt, pepper, and garlic ( I used maybe a 1/4 of a tsp of each....If you like spicy use the same amount of chili powder. I do! LOL Toss in bowl until all seasonings are coating the potatoes. Lay potatoes on parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 30 min. at 350 degrees and then turn potato. Bake another 30 min or longer until potato is crisp on the outside and completely cooked inside. Serve...and Enjoy! This makes about 4 nice size servings..but they are really good so we never have left overs.
Hope you like them if you try them...sorry I forgot to take a picture!
and remember...May all your bites be tasty!

No comments: