Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On the Fifth day of Christmas....

my true love gave to me.....5 lbs of mexican white tiger shrimp, 4 - 1/2 cups of rum, 3 kinds of mushrooms, 2 lbs of chorrizo, and a pound of jumbo lump crabmeat. OK so my true love didnt give it to me. Its only part of the many foods I am prepping for Christmas Eve at my moms house. I worked about 10 hours today at work, stopped at the supermarket for a few herbs and some salmon roe, hit Starbucks for a Espresso Truffle latte and came home to cook and prep some more. People think being a Chef is easy stuff. Deciding and planning the menu, shopping and prepping the food, cooking and serving it, and then the clean up. Easy? Not so much. Satisfying and fun, yep!! Its now 1am and I have done all I can do for tonite. ( Well actually I want to do more, but for some reason I have an allergic reaction when I touch raw shrimp and my hands are red and itchy, so I am giving in for the nite.) I will be up early to get going. Too bad Starbucks doesnt deliver!!

No comments: