Sunday, August 10, 2008

T'was the Summer before Christmas


They told me the summer would pass in the blink of an eye. It must have since Santa was here on Fire Island last weekend. The restaurant was packed, band was playing and it was standing room only. When all of a sudden, I heard bells. In walked about 15 people ( maybe elves ) with Christmas Hawaiian shirts on and Santa hats. Then all of a sudden I heard the infamous.. HO HO HO, and what to my eyes did suddenly appear? Santa ! Hawaiian shirt, cutoff red velvet pants, suspenders, flip flops and a straw cowboy hat. Here he was, in Ocean Beach on Fire Island. His red bike and wagon were parked outside as he was handing out candy canes to the tourists and townies. The band started playing Christmas carols and Santa joined them on stage. I had to run out of the kitchen to be a part of it. Fortunately being THE CHEF here, I was able to get a picture of me and Santa. I was so giddy with holiday spirit ( exhaustion most likely the culprit ) that I couldnt get back into the kitchen. Orders had to wait, Santa was HERE!! I think I may be using the pic as my Christmas card this year. Now to top this all off, this weekend, we had a craft fair here in town in the square. Well after last weekend with Santa, what else could I possibly do? I pretty much finished my Christmas shopping!!! How cool is that? So I guess anyone reading this will know, your gifts will be from Fire Island this year....LOL.

1 comment:

Angie Lessard said...

How cute. I will show Cas tomorrow. She is in bed since we have to get up about 4:30 tomorrow to get Scott from the airport. His flight got cancelled yesterday and he is just now about to get on the plane to come home at 9:30 pm on Sunday.

How in the hell can you even think about Christmas in August??? I should be so organized. I'm a virgo...what happened there?