Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tired, but good tired....

Well I am finally getting to check emails and post another blog. Been working 13-16 hours a day getting ready for opening weekend on Fire Island. The Island is bustling with workers all day long and at nite it gets as quiet as a ghost town. Until tommorow. I am told I am in for an awakening, as I have never spent a holiday or any other day here on FI. Thousands of people from what we Fire Islanders call the " Mainland" will flock to the beach, by ferry or their own boats. I am excited and a bit nervous about it. I will let you know how it goes, they are saying its going to be a great weekend weather wise sooooo we should do well. Wish me luck!
Tommorow morning I will take yet another walk down to the beach. I have been doing this everyday since moving in here. Its amazing. Truly makes me think about the wonders of the world. Its a 3 block walk ( thats city blocks ).
I will take some pictures tommorow and post a few, if I dont forget my camera yet again. LOL
I miss everyone, making new friends, and meeting alot of different people. Met someone I actually knew, a kid who interned with me at the catering hall. He too will be living and working here for the summer. The town is quaint and a very tight knit community. Everyone knows everyone. Should be fun!!
Thats it for now, I need to get some rest and we still have a couple hours of paperwork to finish up. Until next time, Love ya all. Come visit. I will buy you a beer!! Food you have to pay for.

No comments: